Friday, January 22, 2010

Live To Eat or Eat To Live?

Have you ever tried eating vegetables or food without sugar, salt and oil? How do you motivate youself to eat these stuffs everyday for the next 24 months? What do you do when your stomach automatically reject the food everytime you put into your mouth?

Life for some people are never easy but never say life is not fair. When you do that, you are on the road to self pity and may go downhill all the way. For me, my body has served me notice and is giving me an opportunity to correct the inbalance. All that I said in the first paragraph are just discomforts of life, dramatise to reflect the degree of discomfort. To some people, eating meat is just as discomforting. After all, one man's meat is another man's poison. I just need to understand the food that I am taking better and then adjust accordingly and I have made good progress for the last five months. Yes I do get sick of it sometimes but when that happens, I innovate. For example, I have never made bread in my life but now I know how to make good organic rye bread. My first few attempts in bread making were total failures but each time I learn from the mistakes and improve. Sometimes I take toasted rye bread as supper and it tastes like heaven. In fact, tonight I am looking forward to eating it again.

I once seen a show about Lee Rock (acted by Andy Lau), one of the most famous corrupted cop in Hongkong in the 60s. He said the most difficult thing about living is earning a living, putting food in one's mouth. Whoever said living is easy? Mine is only a matter of a few thousand degrees harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment