Saturday, October 17, 2009

5 October 2009

Monday, most stressful day of the week. But today is different. The weekly meeting was postponed. What a relief for me. But I still have two more meetings in the next two days, the monthly PSC meeting chaired by the BOD and the BOD meeting of a subsidiary. I have completed the presentation slides of the PSC meeting but have not got sufficient information to prepare the slides for the BOD meeting and it's two days away. These are really unnecessary stress. Anyway since disclosing my condition to the CTO, he has been leaving me alone. For that I really appreciated very much.

After further discussion with my wife over the weekend, I have decided to tender my resignation today and give one week notice. My last working day was to be 13 October 2009. Why 13th? Well two reasons, first is that I need to give 1 week's notice to do handover and secondly I wanted to stop work after my 50th birthday which falls on 12 October 2009. I had always wanted to retire at aged 50. It did come through but for the wrong reasons for retiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment