Sunday, October 11, 2009

20 September 2009

Today my mind has been very active. I have been thinking quite a lot of things. I wondered if I should resign from my present job. Although a trained Chartered Accountant and having spent much of my earlier years in the financial and manufacturing industries, I have also dabbled in IT consulting for a number of years. Currently as a Program Manager for an Islamic Bank, my job is quite stressful. My CTO is a no nonsense highly charged senior executive. Every day of the week are filled with status and project meetings. In view of my present condition I thought it would be better if I take sometime off my job and improve my health. Perhaps taking a month and two off?

I booked a trip to Hangzhou 11 months ago for a five days free and easy trip via Air AsiaX. I was wondering if I should travel on 22 September 2009? About one month back, at about 2am in the morning, I had severe pain at the back of my right kidney. It was unbearable and my wife took me to a local 24 hours clinic and I was given a jab to ease the pain. The doctor told me that is is most likely a kidney stones attack. I was also given a liquid to drink to flush out my urine. When I urinated after the incident, the urine was mostly blood but I also noticed some blood cloth as well. I was worried that during my trip to Hangzhou, I could get another kidney attack while there and worst still during my flight. I would monitor my kidney and will only decide on the day of travel. I had book my hotel but was not required to pay a booking fee.

With only a few months to live, I wonder how I should prioritise my time. My treatment options are limited and would probably help me to live a few months longer. The Urologist said I was now at Stage 4. There are a few things I wanted to do; a) take a pilgrimage trip to India; b) take up noviceship as a monk for 2 weeks in Sasanarakkha Buddhist Sanctuary (SBS) Taiping and c) take a visit to Tibet. I began to search for the monkhood program on the SBS website and stumble upon an article. Towards the end of the article, something caught my mind. Apparently urine therapy is beneficial and suggested to read the book by Dr John Armstrong called "The Water of Life". I did more research through the Internet about this urine therapy and the best part was not only it's free, you can start anytime because you are drinking your own urine. However, that is easier said than done. I have been taught that urine is dirty. So how do I start? After reading a few web sites, I kind of know what to do but saying and doing is two different things. I could not summon enough courage to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment