Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Live And Let Live

To all of you who have either emailed, commented on my blog and in particular those who communicated with me via Facebook, thank you for your support. Perhaps I have been a little dramatic with my pain thriller episode. I had the opportunity to watch the documentary Asian Corridor In Heaven filmed by KBS World sometime around 2006. It consists of a total of 6 episodes and follows the daily lives of different groups of people in different regions of Tibet, all in the remote regions that borders the Yunnan and Sichuan provinces of China. This documentary offers not only the spectatular and panoramic views of the Himalayas but more importantly it tells of how much hardship people have to go through life each day just to survive another day. When I compare with what I am going through with these people, I should actually thank my lucky stars that even with cancer, I am having a better time than them. I have no grounds to complain.

So I will complain less and smile a lot more. I should be because the last time I check, I am still breathing.

It is with sadness that I learned the passing away of Koh Yuen (高原大哥), a 988 Radio drama director, DJ, voice actor and story teller. He was 46. I am a fan of radio dramas and will not try and miss any of the episodes during weekdays at 12 noon. Wherever he maybe, may he be well and happy always.

2 comments:

  1. I am sad to hear of this news..i'm a fan of Koh Yuen. Really love his voice. It was a great loss .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am sure all radio drama listeners will miss him.

    Unfortunately he died of nerve cancer. If only he knew about alternative medicine...

    ReplyDelete