Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 211 And Problems

Today marks the beginning of my 8th month of therapy. The first 6 months has been challenging but nothing compared to the last one month. These stomach gases are turning into a major crisis for me and if not handled properly, it could spell my doom. The last two days has seen heavy stomach gases such that I have been drinking and eating irregularly. The damaged is that I lost over 1.5kg in just the two days. Yesterday I only managed 8 juices and had to skip my lunch and dinner but did take noodles soup in its place. As you can see, what turn out to be just stomach gas problem may now be my nemesis if it continues to block the food passage.

I have increased my coffee enema to 4 times daily. Also in the last two days, I noticed that the enema discharge is more than brown, it's a little red, most likely there are blood in the discharge. I do not know whether this is good or not. I have tried to find some answers in the Net, except for one case I could not find any information pertaining to blood in enema discharge. In that case, the patient had throat tumor and when the tumor dissolved, it fell into the stomach, hence the blood and also caused severe toxicity so much so he almost passed out. Apparently he should have throw out that would solved the problem.

Learning from the above case, my wife have also asked me to throw out should I feel bloated and I think I will have to do that if things do not get better today. I have been buying over the counter medication such as Simethicone, which according to Wikipedia is an anti-foaming agent that decreases the surface tension of gas bubbles, causing them to combine into larger bubbles in the stomach that can be passed more easily by burping. Simethicone does not reduce or prevent the formation of gas in the digestive tract, rather, it increases the rate at which it exits the body. It is not absorbed into the bloodstream, hence relatively safe.

This morning, the stomach gases has subsided a bit. I took orange juices as my first juice followed by an oat meal. I will still control my eating and hope the condition will not deteriorate for the rest of the day.

Yesterday one of my auntie passed away at about 1pm after a year long battle with illness. She was 78 years old. In accordance with Buddhist tradition, may she have a good rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment