Tuesday, November 3, 2009

3 November 2009

I have met a number a number of ex-colleagues over the last three weeks and I am happy to note that I am blessed with caring friends. Not only have they taken their time off but also money to assist me in whatever way they can. Thank you to all. With some weight losses of about 8kgs, I think I am now healthier than before. The saying of you are what you eat is really true. Being lighter, I do not carry excess baggage. The body feels lighter and less fatigue. Food intake also becomes reduced. Many said my completion looks better than before. Yes, I do feel alive and in control and hope to keep that way.

When I was in Singapore to meet my oncologist and urologist, while waiting to meet them, i read some interesting cancer statistics which I like to share. National Cancer Center Singapore started keeping cancer statistics way back in 1968. The number of cases by age group of males from 1998 to 2002 is shown below:


Cancer Total 0-15yr 16-35Yr 36-55Yr 56-75Yr >75Yr
Colon 1,840 3 57 489 929 361
Nasopharynx 1,079 1 216 647 215 1
Stomach 1,422 0 42 287 888 224
Colon 1,855 4 75 472 1,060 244
Rectum 1,415 1 39 476 748 151
Liver 1,515 11 52 479 822 151
Bronchus 3,571 0 49 724 1,683 516
Prostate 1,346 2 6 128 945 265

As you can see from the above, the older you are the more likely you can get cancer. Some of the reasons could be that the general health condition of a older person declines, continuation of bad eating habits, declining immune system, not exercising and possibility the not taking care of general health. The older you are, the more you have to be careful. You can still make a difference today. Don't wait till it's too late. I will publish the female's statistics tomorrow.

Today I want to talk a little bit about the diet that I am having. Yesterday one of my ex-colleague Chin Aik called me and told me that he also did vegetable juicing but felt giddy possibly due to to lack of energy. He used a centrifugal juicer. As I have said previously, such juicers will kill the nutrients and enzymes and what's left is just the water and taste of the vegetables. Hence, the person will not get sufficient nutrients that his body needs. Furthermore, you cannot actually use the juicer to substitute for say lunch or dinner. This is because, if you do juice, you must ensure that you have sufficient calories, that means drinking juices on more regular intervals and also ensure that your juicer is not a centrifugal one. I alternate between carrot+apple and vegetable juices and take about 10 juices per day at hourly intervals except during lunch and dinner time. So ensure that you use the correct type of juicer and also sufficient calories. Also the centrifugal type will also contain the vegetable pulp which you will drink along. your stomach will be quite full and it will be difficult for you to juice and drink regularly. i only drink the juices and discard the fruit and vegetable pulp. Do it right, I believe you will have an extremely healthy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment