Sunday, June 13, 2010

Me And A Dog Named Bob


Yes, that's me and the dog that came to my house. So far the owner has not turn up nor did I see any notice put up about the lost dog at nearby houses or notice of lost dog at the pet food shop nearby. Don't get me wrong, I would like to keep the dog but I think it would be best to return to the owner as the first choice. My wife thinks it is unlikely the owner would show up because when we found the dog, the dog was not only smelly but full of lice all over its body, most likely the dog has been separated from the owner for quite sometime. The dog froze in fear when I approach to catch him and was shivering when I am holding him. Anyway we spend quite sometime to clean him up and today we will continue to delice him. This dog is quite obident and seldom barks. I have named all my dogs that I reared in the 70s and 80s as Bobby, so this dog will be also called Bobby!

So far, things have been better for me. As usual, the only complain is the 4 mouth ulcers that have developed fully. These little ulcers made it difficult for me to eat and also disrupted my sleep because I would wake up in the middle of the night because of that little pain. So I am a bit tired in the daytime and take an afternoon nap to help out.

Today is the 2nd day of the 5th month in the Chinese calendar, meaning there is 3 more days to the Rice Dumplings festival. I like to eat glutonuous rice dumplings (plain, stuffed with meat or red beans) made by my mother as she had done for the past 20 over years. Prior to that, my grandmother used to make them. As Hakkas, we do not used black sauce, so our rice dumplings are not dark in color (The dumplings shown in the picture is from Penang). This is also the first time I will not be able to eat them due to my illness but I am looking forward to next year to be able to eat the vegetarian rice dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment