Friday, February 26, 2010

Self Inflicted Pain

Going for the follow-up massage was a wrong decision. Although I did get some relief on my left shoulder during the massage, the after effect of the massage was that my whole shoulder, back and neck is now in pain. These are the areas that the masseur concentrated on. So I will experience the pain for the next few days.

Last few days I developed some cough. I am not sure if it came from the Mandarin oranges or the Taiwanese melons that I ate during the Chinese New Year holidays. Anyway it's not that bad. I hope it goes away in a day or two.

Other than the above, I am feeling great, looking forward to the Monday scan. This will put to rests some of my worries and fears and also give me a snapshot of my current health. As I am already into six months of therapy, this will prove to be an important milestone. The results of my blood test is out. The highlights are blood count is normal, liver GGT is high but not worrying as the other enzymes AST and ALT are normal. Blood in urine is expected.

Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) levels may be used to determine the cause of an elevated alkaline phosphatase (ALP). The alanine aminotransferase (ALT) blood test is typically used to detect liver injury. It is often ordered in conjunction with aspartate aminotransferase (AST) or as part of a liver panel to screen for and/or help diagnose liver disease. AST and ALT are considered to be two of the most important tests to detect liver injury, although ALT is more specific than AST. Sometimes AST is compared directly to ALT and an AST/ALT ratio is calculated. This ratio may be used to distinguish between different causes of liver damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment