Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time is Now!

I find that music is one of the best way to maintain my emotional balance. The truth is that it's so difficult to continue to maintain a positive balance. As I was writing today's post, I was listening to Garth Brook's If Tomorrow Never Comes. Strangely, that was the title of yesterday's post but I was not listening to the song then. Written in 1989, I just love the soft guitar solo opening before graduating into full music accompaniment. Grath's voice was just beautiful! Already feel so much better now.

I had a visitor this morning, a regular reader of my blog. I met Jasmine about two years ago when I was buying some vegetables at the organic shop. Later, I learned that she was breast cancer survivor. A cheerful lady and despite her busy schedule running a noodle shop, she took time off and visited me every now and then. Brought some vegetables, dumpling and also some water crest - red dates soup. She also loaned some reading materials from her personal collection. Thanks for your support. I appreciate it very much.

The last few days, I am getting this feverish feeling back. My forehead seems warm but I don't have a fever temperature. Maybe it's the hot weather. Despite the kidney tumor ablation, I still feel there are some lumpy matters still underneath my right abdominal area. Got some pain when I lie flat on the bed. So I had to sleep on my left side. The pain is less apparent when I am sitting but after long hours, my back seems to hurt a bit. So got to lie down flat to straighten my back a bit. I am also coughing back but so far no signs of blood clots in phlegm. I will take some TCM pills to manage my cough to prevent it from getting worst. Experiencing some loss of appetite today. Could not finish 25% of lunch. Will take some oat milk instead.

I have not heard from my lung cancer friend who was warded in UH since 29 February 2012. I am worried but I have no other way of contacting her other than through messaging. I should have visited her the week before she was warded even though she can't talk. Sending positive thoughts to her. Another should have. Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a meaningful song. It reminds me to tell my love ones how much I love them before it is too late. No one can tell if tomorrow never comes.

    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Then Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?’” (Luke 12:22-26, NIV). (Also see Matthew 6:25-34)

    ReplyDelete