Thursday, March 22, 2012

Following With The Wind

It's so unpredictable. Yesterday I was fine and today I am not. This morning, I was awaken by the pain on my abdomen. The pain arises from a pull as I stretched my body unconsciously during sleep. I was feeling real lousy. After brushing my teeth, I went downstairs to sit on the couch and curl up to ease my abdominal pain. After breakfast, I took a pain killer. I was taking about having little abdominal pain yesterday and there I am rewarded with a more painful experience today. Never talk about the devil at night. Pain seems to be one of the theme of my blog. I guess when you have cancer you can't avoid talking about pain. The struggle we go everyday as we try to put a smile on our face versus the pain we experience in the background.

Since my illness, I have never spent so much time watching TV, especially on documentaries. But after a while, you get tired of it. Surfing the net, you also get tired of it. If you do the same things everyday, you get tired of it. So I have also been spending a lot of time reading, not stories books but health books. Actually, during one of the book distributor's warehouse sale, I bought over 20 story books but did not read any of them. At times, I feel I don't have enough concentration to read continuously. And also feeling tired after a while. Boredom sets in. Listen to songs for a change. I will set sometime to read the books I bought.

Despite being English educated, I have a penchant for listening to Mandarin, Cantonese and Hakka country songs. Occasionally, I will also listen to Hokkien songs if I do come across one that I like as I am not fluent in the Hokkien dialect. This Hokkien song that I am taking about is sung by the Taiwanese pop rock group Sodagreen (蘇打綠). This song titled No Sleep (無眠) rendition is the same as the Mandarin version of the same title which peaked at number 84 on Hit Fm Taiwan's Hit Fm Annual Top 100 Singles Chart (Hit-Fm年度百首單曲) for 2010. I hope you like it and pay particular attention to the poetic lyrics. Did the song made you cry?

No comments:

Post a Comment