Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First Day At Gerson Clinic

There are always flowers for those who want to see them.
Henri Matisse

This morning, my shuttle car came to take me to Tijuana was late for about 20 minutes. Judy who was the driver is such a nice person and we had such a good conversation during the entire 30 minutes drive from San Diego to Tijuana. Crossing to Mexico is such a breeze, no formalities, no immigration, nothing. We just drove across the border. But on the opposite direction, cars were lining up to go back into USA. According to Judy, it can take 2 to 3 hours of waiting just to get back to the US side. There are a total of four border crossings and for my return trip, Judy said she will use another border crossing that will be much faster, possibly about 45 minutes to get back into US.

I arrived at the playas (beach in Spanish) where the clinic is located. So the patients are allowed to go for short walks along the beach (two blocks away) during the day. Patients are not allowed out of the clinic compound after 6pm. During winter time, it gets dark by 5pm and the temperature at night can drop from 17°C in the daytime to about 5°C at night. I think the security in the clinic area is not too bad but I was told not to take my cellphone and accessories (like gold, etc) with me when I do my walks.

The clinic is a double story detached house and can accomodate 10 patients at a time. It was much smaller than I tought and including me, there are 9 patients. Most of them will be leaving this week as I was the last of patient admitted before the clinic closes on 20 December for the winter break. The atmosphere is quite nice and quite. I think it is very condusive for healing. The staffs here are very good and friendly. The food is delicious. Much better than what I have been eating back home. I will need to learn how they made it so that I could do the same back home. Most of the patients hails from US and Canada and one each from India, New Zealand and Malaysia. They are all very happy and most of the patients are recovering. I have yet to meet the patient from India as he seems to be in his room most of the time. I found out that the last Malaysian that stayed in the clinic was from Kuching about five months ago.

Well I have been only a day here, I guess that will be more to discover. I spent most of my time sleeping because I don't have to do any juicing and the juices are delivered to my room at the scheduled time. I took my coffee enema this afternoon and I will be starting the castor oil enema tomorrow. So far so good. I am still getting hungry but unfortunately no otameal in between. So I got only fruits to fill my tummy at night. Better than nothing. Tomorrow I will be on the full regime including getting injections. For the first 5 days, the nurse will help me but I will have to do my own injections after that. Sigh...

1 comment:

  1. My initial impression, viewing your blog is that you seem to journey this path alone.... Words of support and encouragement seem to be fading, a distant; many visit, but few even leave a word, a trace to sustain.

    Yes, generally people are seduced by the pursuits of the world, human are weaklings, they hide behind busy schedules, work deadlines, ranks, power, material goods...other attachments.

    You, my fried, if you believe, have been given the absolute grace by God to reflect on your life, make corrections, priorities, simplify, detach, more importantly, LOVE... Life is short and you are living it to the full on what matters truly...whilst others, who seem healthy, are infested with the cancer of this material world, lest they find the quietness and silence you have found, and turn back...

    Dun't worry, you have been given the opportunity in this short life, where we are just travellers passing by, so as to prepare well to enjoy the richness of eternity.

    Something to inspire...from someone who found optimism, when all else failed, when all hopeseem lost, a Nazi concentration camp. He said, “This is the end – for me the beginning of life.”


    I Cannot Do This Alone

    O God, early in the morning I cry to You. Help me to pray

    And to concentrate my thoughts on You: I cannot do this alone.

    In me there is darkness, but with You there is light;

    I am lonely, but You do not leave me;

    I am feeble in heart, but with You there is help;

    I am restless, but with You there is peace.

    In me there is bitterness, but with You there is patience;

    I do not understand Your ways, but You know the way for me.

    Restore me to liberty, and enable me to live now

    That I may answer before You and before me.

    Lord, whatever this day may bring, Your Name be praised.

    Dietrich Bonhoeffer



    Lord Jesus Christ, I am assailed by a spell of loneliness. All of a sudden it is as if I am totally alone, without anyone in the world. It is a terrifying feeling, Lord; help me to overcome it. Let me realize that I am never really alone if I am united with You---for You are always with me. At the same time, remind me that I also have need of others, for I am a social being. And there are many people whom You have brought into my life to help me on my way to eternity. Teach me to see that we need one another if we are to make a go of our lives and complete the tasks You have given us.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete