Monday, January 3, 2011

Reality Bites

Organic Produce
For people who are buying organic vegetables, I got bad news. The prices of organic greens will increase by between 10% and 20% with effect from 1 January 2011. In Malaysia, we always have this relationship between the prices of a few main items namely petrol, cooking oil, sugar and wheat flour and the general price increases of goods and food. The so called withdrawal of subsidies by the Government on these main items over a period of time had constantly pushed food prices up an upward trend. Organic greens are already over priced and now they are also jumping on the bandwagon.

Sometime ago, I posted some information on fruits and vegetables that are less contaminated and not so depending on the growing method. As organic food prices continues to increase, there comes a time when we may have to consider buying from conventional sources. According to Dr David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PHD, in his book Anti Cancer - A New Way of Life, the following list of fruits and vegetables which we can consider.

Fruits
Bananas, oranges, tangerines, pineapple, grapfruit, melons, watermelons, plums, kiwis, blueberries, mangoes and papayas

Greens
Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, eggplant, peas, radish and avocados

Personally, I have used conventional fruits like apples, mangoes, etc when organic sources are not available.

Following Alternative Therapy
Last June 2010, I received an email from someone (who was introduced to me by my ex-colleague) asking me information about the Gerson Therapy. His wife had breast cancer. After a few correspondences with him, it became apparent to me that he has been receiving his consultation from a MLM company. I have repeatedly advised him to read Dr. Max Gerson's book so that he get first hand information rather than relying on a company which in my opinion is not in a position to provide such consultation on Gerson Therapy. I wrote about this case in July 2010.

On New Year's day, I received a SMS from my friend. He said the therapy has failed (I presume he meant Gerson Therapy) and subsequently went for chemotherapy in Singapore. That too failed and the doctors told her there is nothing much they can do. She is now reduced almost to a veg, just waiting for the time to move on, within this or the next week.

What I am trying to say is this. Treat cancer with respect. It's not your ordinary flu. Don't just rely on information provided by third parties. Those information can help you jump start and provide you a starting point. Please read from referenced sources. Six months ago, when I spoke to her, she was still in good health. You will pay for with your life dearly for misinformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment