Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful To Be Alive

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Buddha

I could not sleep well last night, so I thought I may as well write today's blog early in the morning. I will have a busy day later today.

I have been constantly reminded by my friends to be cheerful and positive. I guess when you are in my position, that is what most will ask me to do. I have been very fortunately despite the situation I am in, I am still about to be mobile and do my daily routine. I am really thankful. Of late, my must also thank a lot more people for reaching out to help me. A very sincere thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.

My chest area is clear and most of the time, I think it is under control. However, my usual trouble areas are still my buttocks and thighs. There is constant pain there. I believe I lost some muscles on my buttocks because sitting is now more painful. I think the kidney tumor (based on the last scan in August 2010) may be slowly growing. Both my lower legs are a little swollen, perhaps retention of water due to my kidney problem? According to a medical website, when your circulation has problems working against the effects of gravity, your blood collects in the lower part of your body. The extra pressure on your blood vessels makes them leak fluid into the tissues of your legs and ankles. This causes swelling, and your skin can become very discoloured; in severe cases your skin may even weep fluid. Large veins on the surface can become swollen and painful – a condition known as varicose veins.

Well, I just have to monitor my legs then. Sometime I do get a little pain on the right side of my waist, just below the kidney tumor. It's not that painful, but can be disturbing.

Again, my weight has fallen below 66kg to 65.9. I have been eating a lot but somehow instead of putting on weight, I am actually losing a little by little. Sigh.

Most Contaminated Fruits And Vegetables

I was reading Anti Cancer - A New Way of Life by Dr David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PHD and would like to reproduce the table containing the most contaminated fruits and vegetables. At least you should know for some fruits and vegetables, you should always buy organic for your consumption.














Most Contaminated (prefer organic)Less Contaminated (growing method less important)
Apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, raspberries, grapesBananas, oranges, tangerines, pineapple, grapfruit, melons, watermelons, plums, kiwis, blueberries, mangoes, papayas
Peppers, celery, green beans, potatoes, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, squash, pumpkinBroccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes, onions, eggplant, peas, radish, avocados

No comments:

Post a Comment