Sunday, October 10, 2010

Its 10.10.10

What so special about today? Well today is 10.10.10 and for the Chinese, this is a good day to get married, everything is perfect. For those who are marrying, wishing you the best of life today and in the days to come.

I have prepared this post a little earlier as I need to attend a health talk given by the renowned Tibetan Shyalpa Rinpoche early in the morning. First, I got some good news about Joanne.

Update On Joanne
I received an email on Friday evening from my ex-colleague, Ms Tai and this is what she wrote:

I just came home from visiting Joanne. She has started on her new diet since the day you came to see her. Guess what - she is now able to walk without the walking aid.
It's a great achievement for her and her family.


WOW!, this is really great news Joanne and I am so happy for you. You have been on the Gerson diet for only 6 days! I hope you will continue to make good progress.

Cancer Vanishing By Itself (How?) - Part 1
I have wanted to do this in one part but I thought if I split into two parts, you would come back and visit again to read the conclusion. Can't blame a man trying to get you to come back and visit. But in actuality, the real reason is I ran out of time to finish it, so I had no choice but to do it in two. I also got carried away in the Canadian Study because it gave me a different insight to what I have already known.

I found an interesting read at The New York Times about cancer vanishing itself. Various types of cancers were discussed by my focus is on kidney cancer and in particular Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC), the type of cancer that I am having. At this juncture, I would like to inform you that I have been contacted by Oncologystat.com to include a link about RCC at OncologySTAT so that readers can read more about this cancer. Although I am doing alternative therapy, I think that is a fair request and I always believe the patient has the right to choose whichever therapy he or she sees fit. Resources from Elsevier’s OncologySTAT about RCC

Apparently researches in Canada have done a cancer regression study on small kidney cancers which are among the few cancers that reported to regressed occasionally, even when far advance cases. Hmmm, more hope for me. Obviously some will dispute the study since n=1, or what they called insufficient studies and you cannot just base it on just one sample study. We can debate this point until the cows come home and still not agree. So I prefer to continue. What is interesting in the result of the study is that there is no difference between patients (181 out of 197 patients evaluated, all with similar prognosis) treated with the Interferon Gamma-1b (91 patients) or placebo (90 patients) in terms of overall response rate.

Here they are not examining the placebo effects but rather patients were randomly given either Inteferon or placebo instead of being placed into two distinct groups as used in the placebo effect study. Another important point to note is that all the patients had two or more metastasis sites and the primary tumor has been treated with nephrectomy. For me, the most interesting information that I get from the study is that the median survival rate for Interferon treated patients = 12.2 months and placebo treated patients = 15.5 months. Hey, you live longer by not treating! As many as 6 percent who received placebo had tumors that shrank or remained stable. So much for my oncologist's recommendation on using Inteferon.

Read Part 2 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment