Sunday, October 3, 2010

Taking The First Steps

Last night was calm and peaceful. I was able to get some good sleep. Pain were minimal.

As I lost some weight while in Singapore, I am embarking on a program to gain back some weight by eating more frequently. The muscle lost was most felt on the buttocks! I original plan to go back on 3 times a day enema starting today but has deferred it by slowly increasing the frequency. So I will do two enemas instead. I should be back on three enemas a day next week.

Baptism
My eldest sister Mary is being baptised at St Mary's Cathedral (built in 1894) this morning. Congratulations sister. This is a very significant day in your life. With your baptism, I would like to dedicate the following baptism bible verse to you:

Acts 2:38-39: 38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you, for your children, and all who are far away, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to him."

Changing Destiny
Suppose a wise men tells you about your life predictions, your career, your marriage and even your age of death. And further, as the years passed, all the predictions about your career and marriage has been found true. Would you then believe that life is but fate, that destiny has been predetermined? If that is the case, then there is no need to work for it as everything will just fall into place.

Such is the true story of Liao Fan, a man who lived around 1550 during the Ming Dynasty. As every prediction in the beginning came true, he thought that his destiny is fixed and cannot be changed. That was until he met a monk who told him that one's fate is in his hands. He wrote the four lessons to teach his son. The principal behind those lessons is that destiny can be changed through proper cultivation of kindness and humility. And changed he did and soon, the subsequent predictions were no longer true. Not only he had a son (the prediction said he will not have one), he did not died at aged 53 as predicted too.

During the early 2000s, I was going through a very difficult period of my life and I was searching... One of the search brought me to a VCD called Liao Fan's Four Lessons. That started my transformation as I began to understand more about my actions to become a better person. Fast forward to 2009 and I was struck with cancer. I knew there was no why me and it was not my fate to get cancer. Had it been fate, then there is nothing to be done but to wait for the final day. I remembered Liao Fan's lessons. Destiny can be changed!

I will not sit here to let my doctor's prediction come true. I am going to change my destiny so that I could have a different outcome. That gave me hope and I then began my quest for alternatives, different from what the doctors has prescribed. Thus began my journey and the rest they say is history (up till now).

1 comment:

  1. Good to read that you are sleeping well again. Sleep and relaxation is as important to your well being as diet and exercise so keep it up..

    Christine

    ReplyDelete