Saturday, December 26, 2009

Health Status @ 26 December 2009

This is my 5th health status report. New information are presented in italics.

Problem
Tumor mass of size of about 13cm on the right kidney and 21 over nodes all over my left and right lungs with one up to 3cm in size. Possibly also spread to the liver.

First detected on 11 September 2009 through CT Scan. Subsequent CT scan on 24 October 2009 showed a slight improvement and possibly no growth.

Prognosis
Consulted four urologist (one in Singapore and three in Malaysia) and two oncologist (one in Malaysia and one in Singapore). Both oncologist suggested removal of right kidney. Singapore urologist also suggested removal of kidney. The three uronogist do not recommend surgery or chemotherapy. The last urologist consulted said most of his patients died within six months of surgery while two on the experimental drug Sutent is not responding. All agree that is no cure for the moment.

Schedule for next scan is in March 2010.

Treatment Undertaking
a. Modified Gerson Therapy
a1. Coffee Enema
Therapy suspended for 9 days while in India.

a2. Nutrition Diet
Therapy suspended for 9 days while in India.

Went on a normal vegetarian diet while in India. Where possible, would consume chowmien and fired rice with no salt. Chapati and plain Thali set (consists of 4 pices of chapati, rice, potatoes, some veg salad and dahl) forms my main diet while in India. Where hot water is available, also consume organic oatmeal.

3. Supplements - K-salt, naicin, kelp (for iodine) and Q10.
4. Others - Non oranic apples, mandarins and bananas are consumed at regular intervals.

b. Homeopathy Medicine
Consulting Doctor: DR AU Ramakrishnan MBBS,PhD, Chenni, India (http://www.drramakrishnan.com/)
Local Consultant: Vishuddi Lee
Treatment Started: 6 November 2009. Next appointment is on 7 January 2010.
Consulting: Once every two months in Singapore. Next appointment 7 January 2010.
Medication Given : Phosphorus and Carsinosin (alternating between weekly), morning and evening tablet.
Reaction: Mouth and tongue ulcers disappeared.

c. Urine Therapy
Therapy suspended for 9 days while in India.

Health Status
Had severe stomach cramps after I first had my vegetarian meal on the plane. The pain became strong when I landed in Kolkata. I believe it was caused by the oil in the food for which I had not taken for three months. After taking "poh chi" pills, the pain went way and did not recurr during the rest of the trip.

Verdict
Gain 0.5kg while in India. This is expected as I was on normal vegetarian diet while consist of oil and I took large portions of the food as I needed the strength to complete the pilgrimage.

Basically, I do not feel any deterioration in my health. I feel the same outside and hope nothing has deteriorated much on the inside.

4 comments:

  1. Can i suggest that you look at the Kidney Cancer Sites ie james Whale Fund in the UK or KC uk or KCAssociation in the USA or KC Canada

    I would be asking for Sutent immediaitely at 50mg per day 4 weeks on 3 weeks off. There are side effects but the alternative is a premature death. it is NOT an experimental drug it has been in use for 5/6 years in the USA and used in over 50 Countries very succesfully and some people at stage 4 KC have been taking the drug for 5 years and more . If you don't want to have a nephrectomy operation ( which is called debulking when the cancer has already spread outside the capsule) then Sutent could give you many months additional life.

    there are many resources for KC online.

    I hope you find what you need to make an informed desision.

    I send you my best wishes, fellow KC patient Rose Woodward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction - 4 weeks on - 2 weeks off..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose,

    I now about the drug Sutent. However, my urologist's only two patient is not respponding well and most likely have 6 (now 4 months left) months to live. I am not on any conventional medication and it's been four months now and I am feeling stronger each day. Although my oncologist said Sutent is not oral chemo, it has all the signs of chemo.

    If you have read my earlier blogs, you will now my feeling towards conventional medicine. I don't want to live an additional 3 months by taking that drug. I rather die if that's the case. I believe my therapy is working. That's why I am blogging so that people in my same shoes can have years rather than month to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rose,

    Good luck and best wishes to your treatment.

    ReplyDelete