Monday, November 8, 2010

Good Things Do Happen

Real life is not always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only survive but surmount our difficulties.
Sarah Ban Breathnach

I don't know why today time just flew. I only managed to write today's post now. I was busy preparing for a Rinpoche's visit to my house tomorrow for blessing services. Yes, I have also been active spiritually lately.

Of Receiving Help
Last Saturday, Janice and Christine invited me to join them to visit Kai Ma (Cantonese for Godmother) Center, a Mayahana Buddhist Center in SS2 for new moon chanting. This was the first time I been there. We also bought some live fishes from the market that were meant to be slaughtered for release into a pond.

After the service, two people received aid for the same amount and I was one of them. The Center contributed a cool RM10K aid to me! Wow, I was lost for words.

Many people have shown great compassion and also taken their time and trouble to help others in need. On my part, I am of course very happy and more importantly inspite of such difficult times, there are no shortages of people doing charity. I must recover from my sickness and repay their kindness by not only contributing but also to extend the same compassion shown to me to others.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Janice and Christine, you really are angels.

    From Bee Tin.

    ReplyDelete