Saturday, May 7, 2011

Be Prepared Early

Last Sunday, I met a patient whom I will called Ms. S, in her forties was diagnosed with colon cancer in May 2010 while she was in the US. She subsequently underwent chemotherapy which showed some progress at first. However, the cancer became more aggressive and the US doctor proposed another round of more potent chemotherapy but said that it will only prolong her life for another 12 months. In November, she returned to Malaysia and through introduction of two friends who had experiences and success with Gerson Therapy, adopted the therapy. I spoke to her brother and he told me she is sold on Gerson therapy and follow the therapy religiously using Dr Max Gerson's A Cancer Therapy as a guide. But unknown to Ms S, the tumors has spread to the liver and a lump started to show on the abdomen after 3 months into Gerson. She lost a little confidence with Gerson but I reminded her that the lump will still show no matter what treatment is being undertaken at the time. She subsequently went to see an alternative medicine doctor in Singapore who then added more supplements over the Gerson therapy supplements. However, when she did not respond to the treatment, the doctor recommended that she goes to Vietnam to see yet another alternative therapist. She was administered with IV DMSO + lipid acid (name given by the brother), IV Vitamin C directly on the liver itself and also administered some herbal enema which according to Ms S was highly corrosive and painful to the colon plus other supplements. The liver tumor became worst (I suspect some severe inflammation is going on). Since then, she has been discharging a darkish fluid throughout the night and as a result she is having difficult sleeping and spent much of the day sleeping to catch up. Meanwhile, she also took Sabah Snake plant and she complain of backache. As she slept in the day, she missed her food and juices. Her stomach is also bloated and she is having difficulty drinking the juices and eating. The result is that she has lost weight. I also noticed the white of her eyes has turned quite yellow.

I have provided some suggested remedies to ease the stomach bloating and also protocols that I would do in such a situation myself and provided links to Ms S's brother to read. If after reading he is convinced that the therapies could help, I would then discuss with him on the next course of action. I reminded him that his sister's condition is serious. Meantime, to ensure that her sister take food and juices to prevent the body from losing more weight. In order to gain some weight back, she take some fish during dinner time.

It's never easy at a difficult time like this to start reading and only find out what therapy is suitable. On one hand, the knowledge of alternative medicine is still at it's infancy while at the other, there is a loved one who is now depending on your ability to pick out the right choice. So, it's better to be prepared early and read while you are not sick. There is a Chinese saying that says "Do not only start digging a well when you are thirsty!" I learned my lesson the hard way.

In the above case, although the Gerson therapy was chosen, there was never really a full understanding what the therapy entails. For economic reasons, only partial organic fruits and vegetables was used. It was also compounded by the fact that only three supplements were used and even then the dosage was about 20-30% of the recommended intake. So when the therapy did not work, it was immediately assumed it was not effective with no thought as to whether one has followed the requirements of the therapy or not. Dr Max Gerson has said in his book, if you cannot follow, don't do his therapy. Instead, attention and resources were shifted elsewhere.

I would in such a case take full organic from the very start. This is so that the body has an opportunity to detox and get full nurishment. When my financial resources run low, then I would switch to non organic. If you have to choose between organic and non organic, use the two tables below as a guide (source: www.foodnews.org):

CONTAMINATED FOOD (PREFER ORGANIC)

Apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, cherries, raspberries and grapes

Peppers, carrots, celery, green beans, potatoes, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, squash and pumpkin


LESS CONTAMINATED FOOD (GROWING METHOD LESS IMPORTANT)

Bananas, oranges, tangerines, pineapple, grapefruit, melons, watermelons, plums, kiwis, blueberries, mangoes, papayas and sweet potatoes.

Broccoli, cauliflower, corn, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, onions, eggplant, peas, raddish and avacados.

At least, the body had an opportunity to heal itself for a certain period of time. As for the supplements, there are certain supplements that are essential like Co-q10, pancreatin, potassium salts and desiccated and defatted bovine liver. I would forgo the rest. I would stick on at least for six months or more because immune building therapy like Gerson take a long time to show results. How do I do these? It's all in stated in Dr Max Gerson's A Cancer Therapy book. I read the book at least 4 times and photostat two important sections (like juicing timetable and supplements dosage) out to be used as daily references.

By the way, Cancertutor.com has published a 54 page ebook called Treatment For Stage IV Cancer Patients which I feel is a very good book to read and you can download it here. It provides some theory about cancers and also the various type of treatments available. However, because of the different treatment protocols that are discussed, one can get confused as to which protocols are suitable. Perhaps this is where talking to a therapist and other cancer survivors becomes useful.

Fungicide Therapy Trial - Day 11 Update
The fungicide therapy is going on without much problems thought at times I feel something uncomfortableness inside my chest area.

My coughing has been on and off. Yesterday morning I did have some blood stained phlegm but for the rest of the day, the phlegm has been clear.

Alkalizing my body has been top priority. As I said before, despite drinking alkaline water, being on the vegan diet for almost 21 months, taking in of all kinds of alkaline food, the alkalinity has improved marginally. I am hoping by the 6th week of the pH re-balancing therapy, there would be a turn around. Today is day 6.

3 comments:

  1. Through your condition, you have become "differently-abled"...truly a blessing to those who need help. Your humility and sincerity is so prevalent in your writing. There are so many reasons for you to keep living.

    Your life journey, albeit sad, has been 'forced' to make a twist for the better and richer.

    God Bless and Keep U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CT,

    This is a test post. I have contacted you already through email.

    Hope this comment can go through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi CT,

    I am happy my comment can go through this time.

    "So, it's better to be prepared early and read while you are not sick. There is a Chinese saying that says "Do not only start digging a well when you are thirsty!" I learned my lesson the hard way."
    You actually did not learn the lesson the hard way. For me, even though I try my best to be informed of alternative treatments, it's not the same when one is not really sick. The deatils don't stick in my mind.

    Please read my email reply to you about the alkaline water.

    ReplyDelete