After I woke up, I went downstairs to drink more water as I felt dehydrated. My hair and my back are soaked with sweat. I am now adverse to cold and hence I do not use any air-conditioner in my room. After that, I sat silently in contemplation trying to connect with my inner self. I have a decision to make. I wrote to the Klinik Herzog in Frankfurt, Germany and Dr Herzog has said I could go to his clinic for Hyperthermia treatment. Dr Herzog uses hyperthermia and combines his treatment with low dose chemo during the full body hyperthermia. During the 4 hour full body hyperthermia when the whole body are heated to over 42°C, the structure of the cancer cells becomes unstable and it is during this time that low dose chemotherapy are applied. The results are that despite using very low dose chemotherapy, the results are often very good and with no or little side effects. In my case, since chemotherapy has no effect on kidney cancer, Dr Herzog is proposing a package of sunitinib which is basically Sutent. The estimated costs is €21K for 20 days treatment and there are other costs not included. I recon that the costs could swell to €30K.
My doctor in New York has advised me that hyperthermia itself is not useful unless used as an adjunct to chemo or radiation (or immunotherapy) and he felt the best results are from immunotherapy. I have just received my cyclophosphamide or Cytoxan tablets for 60 days supply from New York. I am now have the following choices; start the metronomic chemotherapy for 60 days and look at the results to decide the hyperthermia treatment in Germany and vice versa? With my present condition, the logical choice would be to go Germany for hyperthermia treatment first. Once the decision is made, I will fly almost within the next few days.