Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Some Expectations

The other day, a friend was asking me how was I feeling as I near my upcoming medical procedure? I told her, I don't know if this is a co-incidence or not, as I near the departure date, the pain from my right abdominal area near the kidney tumor is also becoming more painful. I think the timing of the medical procedure could not come at the right time. I am upbeat about this trip. Even thought this medical procedure is palliative in nature, I do have some expectation, the expectation that this procedure would have the desired effect. This would mean successful removal of the tumors and hence no more pain from the right abdominal area. I also hope they can at the same time do something about my bulging disc in the lumbar spine L4/L5 area.While at the hospital, I hope to learn more about other treatment is available for lung tumor metastasis.

The hospital has contacted me and requested for my complete medical records as it would help them understand my case better. I have scanned the reports and emailed it to them. However, I have to bring over the images of the scans as the saved digital images of the scan are not suitable for diagnostic use.

I will not talk about my sleeping problems because I have become too aware of it. I think I have overstretched myself the other day by squatting down for too long and now I feel the muscles on my thighs are not only tender but painful as well. It's the same kind of muscle pain that you experience a day or two later when you start exercising after a period of inactivity. Massaging the muscles are painful but does wonders in pain relief. It's getting better.

Kepler 22-b: Earth-Like Planet Confirmed
I read with interest about this discovery by astronomers and would like to share with you. Astronomers have confirmed the existence of an Earth-like planet in the "habitable zone" around a star not unlike our own.

The planet, Kepler 22-b, lies about 600 light-years away and is about 2.4 times the size of Earth, and has a temperature of about 22C.

It is the closest confirmed planet yet to one like ours - an "Earth 2.0". However, the team does not yet know if Kepler 22-b is made mostly of rock, gas or liquid. You can read more about the BBC article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment