Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Slow Turn

Last night, I couldn't sleep at all. I went to bed about 10pm and I thought I was feeling a little sleepy. I listened to some music and hope to slowly drift into sleep. But it did not happen. I just tossed and turned in bed and soon it was 2am. Soon it was 5am. I was really tired then and only after that I managed to fall asleep. I had to wake up at 10.30am. This morning, I observed that my phlegm is stained with blood. After my normal morning routine, I went to the hospital for my physiotherapy.

My chiropractic session this afternoon was quite good. I told my chiropractor that I walked better now and also the nerve pain has moved. He said this is a good sign. So the session today was slightly different from previous days and he concentrated on the hip socket area. After some twists and turns, I felt some improvements immediately. The pain seems to have gone down a bit.

I received a late invitation to attend a two days Iridology course in Ipoh this weekend. Iridology (also known as iridodiagnosis or iridiagnosis) is an alternative medicine technique whose proponents claim that patterns, colors, and other characteristics of the iris can be examined to determine information about a patient's systemic health. You can read a technical dissertation on Iridology here. The trainer has asked me to come and learn about the techniques so that I can use it to monitor my own health.

A week earlier, a friend has asked me to come over in Ipoh and stay at his apartment. He said the surroundings are resort like and will be good for me to get away from my usual routine. I took up his offer and hence will leave on Friday afternoon by train and come back on Monday morning together with my friend. My friend is a retiree and has adopted Ipoh as his second home. Compared to other bigger cities like Penang, Malacca or Johore Baru, I think Ipoh is much laid back. Housing and cost of living there are also much cheaper than in Kuala Lumpur. If I survive my cancer, I hope to move to Cameron Highlands where I hope to spent much of my retirement time there. I like the cool mountains and freshness of the air. Although born and bred in the city, I have always like the countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment