Thursday, October 13, 2011

Some Lives Are Cheap

The last two days, I have seen improvements on my pair of legs. The pain has subsided somewhat and I am now walking much better. I don't know if the improvements are due to the drug Gabapentin, the traction session that I took or the chiropractic treatment that is finally bearing fruit. Whatever it is, I am happy. I have been feeling miserable since May when the pain on my legs started to escalate.The improvement could not come at a better time when I am due to visit India next month.

Somehow, I think things are improving a little. I have been sleeping much better now days falling asleep around 11pm. I think the improvements on my legs may have helped me sleep better. At least I don't get up in the middle of the night to massage my legs. My cough has also slowed down (taking ginger tea) and while it's still painful on the nerve around the groin area when I cough, it's not as bad as before.

Yesterday, a group of friends visited me and supply me another four bottles of the supplement Minyak Buah Merah (Red fruit oil). They have been very kind and has been constantly supplying me for a while now. Thank you guys.


Sabah to Ban Shark Hunting From Next Year

I have been trying to influence friends not to eat shark fins soup under the 'Say No To Shark's Fin Soup' awareness campaign for the past 20 years. The sharks are killed in a cruel way just to harvest their fins. The sharks either starve to death, are eaten alive by other fish, or drown (if they are not in constant movement their gills cannot extract oxygen from the water).

I am happy to note that Sabah is the first state in the country to make Shark hunting by early next year. But what I don't understand is why the authorities is proposing to amend the Fisheries Act to make all forms of shark hunting or shark finning prohibited in Sabah only? It should be banned in the whole of Malaysia.

If you read between the lines of the news, the reason why they are banning shark hunting is not because they wanted to save the lives of the sharks per se. The sharks are an attraction and the state tourism office wanted more divers from all over the world to come and dive in the Sabah waters. Perhaps that's why this ban is not extended to other states.

You can read theStar news article here. To learn more about Stop Shark Finning please visit here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi CT,

    Glad to hear that the pains in your leg are less. How do you plan your routine like juicing and enema when you go to India?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard,

    When I am in India, I am on holiday. This is the time I will suspend my therapy and possibly the only thing I will continue to take are the key supplements (mainly enzymes). There will be no juicing and enemas. I will eat fresh fruits and carrots as substitute. Also, I will be eating the least damaging vegetarian foods i.e. no deep fried, fried, salty, sweet or very oily foods.

    ReplyDelete